GEMS started her working life in 1979. She worked for decades in many different industries including Rosser & Russell (Mechanical Engineering) Limited, SPL International Limited (Software House), First National Bank of Boston (American Bank), Prince’s Trust (Charity), Portobello Trust & Business Centre (Charity), The NHS, Bradman Management Services (Property Developers), Dawes Road Hub (Business Centre), SOBUS (Charity) and Surrey County Council.
GEMS has been working with computers since the 1980s and started her first business in 1987 called GEMS Business Services.
Glynis worked as a Keyboard Lecturer in 1991, and as a ICT Lecturer/Tutor in 2003. In this role, she set up the ICT suite by herself, she taught Information, Communications & Technology at a Communal Young People’s Home; whose residents were young people aged 14-19 years old and had Special Educational Needs (‘SENs’).
In July 2003, she was awarded a City & Guilds certificate in Teaching Adult Learners – Teaching Practice Stage One.
GEMS has the following qualifications:
- BEC – General Certificate in Business & Finance.
- BTEC – Professional Development Certificate in Management Studies.
- LBH&F – PC Support & Troubleshooting.
- Microsoft – Administering Windows NT.
- Microsoft – Core Technologies – Supporting Windows NT.
- City & Guilds – Certifiicate in Teaching Adult Learners.
- Mindleaders – Certificate of Mastery in Communicating in the World of Social Media: Types of Social Media, Understanding Social Media, Social Media in the Workplace, Home Business – Managing your Business.
- Pearson BTEC – Understanding Enterprise & Entrepreneurship.
- Microsoft Office® Specialist for Office Outlook® 2016.
- Intuit Quickbooks – Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor.
- Digital Marketing Diploma.
Read her full Curriculum Vitae on her LinkedIn Profile.