Glynis is also known as GEMS, which is an acronym of her initials.
She has expertise in business & management consultancy, digital marketing, running businesses on behalf of their owners, information technology and Microsoft Office 365.
GEMS started her working life in 1979. She worked in many industries including: Rosser & Russell (Mechanical Engineering) Limited, SPL International Limited (Software House), First National Bank of Boston (American Bank & Financial Institution), The Prince’s Trust (Charity), The Portobello Trust & Business Centre (Charity), The NHS, Bradman Management Services (Property Developers), Dawes Road Hub (Business Centre), SOBUS (Charity) and Surrey County Council.
GEMS' Skills Level
GEMS has been working with computers since the 1980s and started her first business name GEMS Business Services in 1987.
GEMS worked as a Keyboard Lecturer in 1991, and as a ICT Lecturer/Tutor in 2003. In this role, she set up the ICT suite by herself, and taught Information, Communications & Technology at a Communal Young People’s Home; whose residents were young people aged 14-19 years old and had Special Educational Needs (‘SENs’).
In September 2003 to July 2004, she studied and was awarded a City & Guilds certificate in Teaching Adult Learners – Teaching Practice Stage One.
GEMS has the following qualifications:
- BEC – General Certificate in Business & Finance.
- BTEC – Professional Development Certificate in Management Studies.
- LBH&F – PC Support & Troubleshooting.
- Microsoft – Administering Windows NT.
- Microsoft – Core Technologies – Supporting Windows NT.
- City & Guilds – Certifiicate in Teaching Adult Learners.
- Mindleaders – Certificate of Mastery in Communicating in the World of Social Media: Types of Social Media, Understanding Social Media, Social Media in the Workplace, Home Business – Managing your Business.
- Pearson BTEC – Understanding Enterprise & Entrepreneurship.
- Microsoft Office® Specialist for Office Outlook® 2016.
- Intuit Quickbooks – Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor.
- Digital Marketing Diploma.
Read her full Curriculum Vitae on her LinkedIn Profile.